Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Dinner Delight

We went back to our old ways for this week and batch cooked a big ol' meal on Sunday. Burrito bowls with meat, rice, veg, and various toppings, including store-bought guacamole and salsa. Easily customizable for picky kids and change-able so we are not eating the exact same thing every day. Maybe today I'll throw the fillings in a taco, or on some chips. Even the kids aren't complaining, which is pretty remarkable.

I don't know what the best part is, the fact that the meal is absolutely delicious (seriously, it made my "3 good things" for the past 3 days) or the lovely feeling of coming home and not having to do any dinner prep or clean up other than throwing things in a bowl and heating in a microwave. Yesterday it was pouring rain and cold and late when I came home, and yet I kept myself cheerful knowing that a hot filling meal and PJs was in my very near future. Of course I changed my clothes and heated up my food just as G reminded me I hadn't voted yet, so back into regular clothes and into the rain I went (because of course I'm going to vote), but still.A break from the dinnertime disasters is quite welcome.

2 comments:

  1. This is my kids’ favorite too - in multiple forms. This week we did a chicken tortilla soup - they loooved it. Here you can always vote by mail early so I️ forget what going to the polls is like anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I love faux mexican. We had Honest Tom's last night and will have leftovers for at least a day or two. Dylan... eats the guacamole directly from the container. Oh well. At least it's healthy.

    ReplyDelete