Thursday, July 13, 2017

Five Weeks of Summer

Its actually closer to 4 weeks by now. The amount of time we had in between the boys getting back from their time with cousins/grandparents and us all going to visit MIL (and leave them with her for a couple weeks). I didn't account for the 4 days I'm going to be away on a solo trip visiting friends. So yeah, its short.

I'm trying to plan our weekends to include our summer fun items. Also trying very very hard to say YES to things. I've been playing hours of games with B because he keeps asking, and I know he'll be out of the Phase 10 phase soon enough (that's how he rolls, serial monogamy with obsessions), even when I really really want to just chill out or get started on dinner after work.  We are trying to loosen up on bedtime and treats (but not screen time, because it messes with their heads and makes them crazy). I've thought about doing more stuff in the evenings but its really just so hot, and I'm so tired by the time we get home, that I just want to sit around.

I'm still having that vacation-brain where I don't WANT to work, even though I want to HAVE WORKED. Its taking all kinds of tricks (internet blockers, pomodoro timers, changing locations, giving myself little rewards) to get done what i need to get done. I am coming in early since I have to pick B up by 5 at camp, which is at least taking advantage of my morning clarity.

Hope everyone is having a taste of summer!


3 comments:

  1. Summer here is like ... something you have to survive to get to the rest of the year. Ha! I have been way relaxed on screen time lately - I let them have a show when I get home so I can eat dinner in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night my husband and I managed to put away out phones to play "travel" and crazy tower with our daughter. It was clear she was having a blast, but MAN we were tired. Ultimately ended up in bed at 815 though, which was glorious. It's hard though. If I play with her I can't study, which stresses me out. Trying to let that go... but also I want to be the best doctor I can be.

    ReplyDelete