Saturday, November 5, 2016

Its Sunny Outside

Um...that is literally the only positive thing I can think of right now. I feel a little fried. There weren't so many patients they were just...complex. Hard. Mentally & emotionally. Its hard for me not to get drawn in, and imagine myself on the other side. Its so so tough to give bad news.

On the plus side, I did NOT drown my sorrows in french fries (because they were out of french fries). I got a healthy brown rice bowl with chicken & vegetables instead. (Hopefully tomorrow there will be fries).

Also, in between some of the drama, I did manage to do some of the super-low-hanging-fruit of my grant prep. Super exciting things like "Facilities" and "Data Sharing Plan".  I wrote them all down and crossed them off just for the feeling of satisfaction.

Black pants sound like a good idea until I remember that I have a very very sheddy tan dog. Also I have been feeling pants-challenged. Other than jeans, finding pants that fit properly eludes me. I am wearing ill-fitting, but comfortable and properly hemmed, cream colored pants today and I just spilled curry sauce on them so oh well.

I might just sit here for a minute before I head home to deal with...everything else.

This is probably the lamest post ever.


2 comments:

  1. I love this post. In spite of the dread you felt about certain aspects of the upcoming week, you made a solid dent in the first day of it.

    My heart goes out to you about having to deliver bad news. I often wonder how docs handle that.

    White and tan dogs are really rough on black pants. My version of that is the same as yours. ... white jeans and tan pants. Pants are the most difficult fitting issue I have with clothes. Eh,maybe with your lab coat on they can't see the fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I need new pants too. But I made a dent in a research project today.... so, yay? Hope you feel better. Just keep putting one foot in front of another and you'll make it.

    ReplyDelete