Tuesday, May 12, 2015

And it goes on and on and on....

So we get back from vacation, and get a stomach bug (yuck) and miss work and I have to chaperone a field trip for the daycare and another grant rejection and etc...

Mother's Day was nice enough. I got my presents early, because none of the males in the house could wait. The boys gave me their gifts Friday as soon as I got home (necklace made of dough beads and a foam picture frame with terrible picture inside from B and a block of wood with a terribly cute picture on it from L. oh and a dying parsley plant in a plastic container from B), and G gave me the photo collage he made as soon as he got it organized on Saturday. The flowers, I got mid-week when he went to the grocery store for fruit. Sunday we went to a local botanical garden with friends. It was lovely, really wild, with fun things for the boys to climb on and around. It was super hot, though, we were all exhausted when we got home. L slept and then the boys watched a movie while G & I had mimosas.

I have 100% stuck to my shopping ban. Not a single item of clothing/shoes/accessories has been purchased for me this year. The key was unsubscribing from all the email lists and, of course, not going to stores. I've got a mental list of a few things I'll buy next year, but nothing is urgent, since I've got plenty of stuff to wear.

I finally went to the school and registered B for KG. I got the school schedule. Whoa. Lots of days off, and KG starts 10 days after Labor Day, not the next day like the other grades. Oops. Need to talk to the daycare about seeing if he can stay that week and a half.

I'm tired. I'm going to bed too late, having trouble sleeping, being woken up by L, and then having MORE trouble getting back to sleep, and then getting up early. Add allergies/sinus pressure/migraines and my head feels really fuzzy and motivation is low. I'm great in the morning, but sometime after lunch I lose momentum.

Its summer hot this week. I dislike summer. I really wanted spring. I had to rush and buy summer clothes for B, and I have to find and organize L's clothes (B's hand me downs, which are...somewhere). I need to do a major purge and organization of kid items, but when?

I'm obsessed with plain Noosa yogurt with granola and berries. yum. I'd gone off yogurt since 2009 when I was pregnant and it gave me heart burn, but now I remember loving TJs plain full fat Greek with granola and berries (plus honey, I used to use that, but can't imagine needing it these days). I'll have to try the TJs again because Noosa is pricey. Also obsessed with this. So tart! The "mini" size is perfect, with dark chocolate sauce on top.

Our trusty in-line double sport tire stroller broke last week. It is a challenge getting L to school or anywhere because he has no stamina and wants to be carried after half a block. I can't carry him very far, even on my shoulders--it pulls my hair and makes my neck sore. We still have the baby carrier, and can do a back carry with him, but he gets uncomfortable and wants to get out after a few minutes. We are looking for a used replacement but haven't come across the right thing and the right price. It was our primary mode of transportation! Its like when your car breaks down, its very inconvenient, but doable for the short term.

Back to work...

8 comments:

  1. Maybe L would like a scooter to ride to school? Or a tricycle that can also be pushed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've tried that about a million times. It involves 5 minutes of fast & furious scootering and then us pulling the scooter along while we hunch over to reach the handle. The trikes with the handles won't last a week on the bumpy streets. The other plus to the stroller is the ability to haul an entire week's groceries in the back seat. We're scouring craigslist and hopefully will find something soon.

      Delete
  2. Ugh on the sleep. I'm sorry.

    10 days after labor day?!
    yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, we also really like tart frozen yogurt, so I'm not sure how are tastes in food could be that different... Unless you're really into hot dogs or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have I ever eaten a hot dog? Maybe as a small child. Food is so...personal. I don't really think too many people have the same tastes as me!

      Delete
    2. Hot dogs are pretty gross.

      Delete
  4. I love getting frozen yogurt out, but moreover, the Yasso bars. They're Greek yogurt bars. 5 grams of protein and 100 calories. Sold.

    That is awesome that you stuck to the ban.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Yum. I haven't seen these anywhere. Will be on the hunt.

      Delete